Sigma Tau Delta
Welcome to Sigma Tau Delta
where good books, creative language, and thought-provoking discussion is always available.
Sigma Tau Delta is the International English Honor Society. The Society strives to:
- Confer distinction for high achievement in English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies
- Provide, through its local chapters, cultural stimulation on college campuses and promote interest in literature and the English language in surrounding communities
- Foster all aspects of the discipline of English, including literature, language, and writing
- Promote exemplary character and good fellowship among its members
- Exhibit high standards of academic excellence
- Serve society by fostering literacy
With over 800 active chapters located in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and the Caribbean, there are more than 1,000 Faculty Sponsors, and approximately 9,000 members inducted annually.
Sigma Tau Delta’s central purpose is to confer distinction upon students of the English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies. Sigma Tau Delta also recognizes the accomplishments of professional writers who have contributed to the fields of language and literature.
Sigma Tau Delta is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS), the nation’s only certifying agency for college and university honor societies.